20 September 2023
# Best practices: how to scale and grow beyond CEE
# VCs and founders about the challenges of scaling
# Founders and investors of successful scaleups
# Scaling globally from CEE - lessons about market entry
# Sales, marketing, HR challenges of scaling
# Tech exits
# Workshops and main stage programs
Who is it for?
For startups, scaleups
- building a business, aspiring to become a regional or even global key player
- raising / planned to raise capital and eager to meet regional and international VC investors
- striving for true, first-hand experience, learnings and insights
- happy to meet fellow founders to exchange learnings on struggling issues, and find cooperation opportunities
- with the intention to share their pitch decks with the investor guests and speakers and have the opportunity of networking with them
For VC / PE investors
- looking for talented teams, exciting tech companies from the region to invest
- looking for best practices, case studies from the international playground
- to get insights about the latest global VC/PE trends
- interested in how and when to compete with VCs in CEE or from the US
- to build their network with international investors
- interested in the full landscape of the regional VC/PE industry, wanted to get the most of their stay in Budapest
- interested in the vibrant startup, scaleup hot scene
- learning about how talented teams disrupt the whole industry
- looking for innovative startups, scaleups for partnering
- looking for talented teams, exciting tech companies from the region to invest / buy
… and for other ecosystem players, interested in what is happening in the VC, startup, scaleup ecosystems in the region.
More about pitch deck sharing and invite-only networking program
If you are a startup / scaleup, looking for an investor, you will have the opportunity to share your pitch deck with our investor guests. If any (or more) of them are interested, you will get an exclusive invitation to our investor networking program where you can connect and make an impact – in person, in an informal atmosphere.
This opportunity is available for startup / scaleup attendees only!
How to apply?
- Please indicate your intention during the registration and ticket purchase phase
- Once your ticket purchase is completed and your deck is ready to upload, visit back and click the button “pitch deck upload” below. Prepare your individual ticket purchase order ID (format is: TN/yyyyyy/2022/xxxxx), you need it to identify your ticket purchase. You can find it in your auto confirmation email got from the sender „The ScaleupFest 2022”. You can also find it if you log in your TicketNinja account and check your orders
- Complete the form to upload your deck
- Your pitch deck should be no longer than max. 5-15 slides. No one pagers are accepted!
- Please make sure your upload will be fully completed until 28 September 2022 (incl.) latest
- All pitch decks uploaded will be shared with the investor guests right after the upload deadline expired. Investors have the opportunity to screen all the decks and select those projects they are interested in. We can’t guarantee that all the investors will check all the pitch decks and select at least one of them, either. Thank you for your understanding!
- We will contact you in e-mail 1-2 days before the event if your pitch deck raised interest, and come up with your personal invitation to the invite-only investor networking program
- Please note: there will be no formal 1-on-1 meeting arrangements!
The ScaleupFest 2022 in statistics
VCs and PEs we proudly hosted so far
Date, draft timing, venue in 2023
- Date: Wednesday, 20th September 2023
- Time: 12.00 – 9.00 PM
- Buffet lunch: 12.30 – 2.00 PM
- Invite-only investor networking: from 2.00
- Workshops: 2.00 – 3.30 PM
- Main stage programs: from 4.00 PM
- Venue: Akvárium Klub
- Address: H-1051 Erzsébet tér 12.
- Official language: English
Recommended partner programs:
- AngelFest: 20th September, 9 AM – 12.30 PM, same venue
- HVCA Annual Investment Conference: 21st September
Main elements of The ScaleupFest program in 2023
- Startups / scaleups registering to the event have the opportunity to share their pitchdeck with the investors invited. In case of raising interest, they get an invitation to the private investor networking (informal, no pitching)
- Approx. 1-1,5 hours invite-only investor networking with the participation of investor speakers, partners and selected startups/scaleups based on their pitchdecks
- 1,5 hours workshops at 2-3 stages, topics built around specific investment and scaling issues (e.g. sales & marketing, HR, finance, legal, etc.)
- Approx. 2 hours main stage program after the workshops, built on presentation and panel discussion formats
- Informal networking opportunity with guests and attendees
Make the most out of your stay in Budapest!
What can The ScaleupFest offer you as a speaker?
- opportunity to meet 2-300+ ecosystem players from the CEE region
- great exposure on stage to introduce and build awareness to your company, share what you are looking for, etc.
- taking active part in shaping and educating the CEE ecosystem by sharing your knowledge and experience
- full access to all pitchdecks uploaded by selected startups and scaleups, opportunity of hand-picking prospects you’d like to meet during the event
- pass to invite-only investor networking with other international and regional investor guests and startups whose pitchdeck raised interest
- opportunity to build your network with other international / regional investors during the event
The ScaleupFest delivers you even more opportunity to get to know about the full investment landscape of the region, meet relevant ecosystem players and exchange experience / best practice from the CEE region and Europe by cooperating with partner events around the date & time of The ScaleupFest. By joining The ScaleupFest as a speaker, you also have the opportunity to:
- attend and build your network at the AngelFest, the regional event of angels, early stage investors and startups (morning of 20th September, same venue)
- take our special offer and attend the Annual Investment Conference of HVCA (Hungarian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association), the regional summit of the VC/PE industry (the next day, 21st of September)
Meet the speakers of The ScaleupFest 2022
500 Emerging Europe
head of Platform & Growth
Genesis Growth Equity Fund
president of CVCA
ff Venture Capital
Federico Rota Candiani
What our guests say about the event
Interviews with guest speakers of The ScaleupFest in 2020, featuring Marcin Hejka – OTB Ventures, Julien Coustaury – Fil Rouge Capital, Colin Snead – Allpacka and Antal Karolyi – HunBan.
Get in the mood!
Feel the vibes, taste the friendly atmosphere you can be part of at our event!
Organized in partnership with:
With the support of:
Any questions? Contact us!
Program, ticket purchase, coupon issues:
Ms. Zsuzsanna Szlávy
Pitch deck sharing:
Ms. Petra Kelemen
Billing / finance related issues:
Ms. Gabriella Simon
The AngelFest program, ticket purchase, coupon issues:
Ms. Eszter Kollár
HVCA Investment Conference registration, ticket purchase:
Mr. Zsombor Bozsik
See you soon,
The Organizer team